Do you not think Essence Photography that far too many photographers care more about the likes, shares and awards? Do you think that the creative process is more important than likes, shares, awards, etc.
Why we do Essence Photography?
Let’s start by understanding why photography is important.
It is a Compulsion that Drives us to do it. You don’t Think so?
No one asked you to do photography. No one pushed you into it. You don’t have to take 100 photos per quarter.
- If you don’t perform well, you won’t be given a raise or fired.
- There is no one to watch your back at all times.
What’s all the fuss about this fuzz?
- Photography is an art form. We all love photography. It’s just for fun.
- It’s not about impressing others or getting an award, or being recognized.
Photography can be Done because you are trying to Prove something to Others
It will be difficult.
Instead of enjoying the creative process you will always be on the lookout for the next photo or social media hit.
It’s okay to have goals. You might lose motivation to learn and improve.
It’s great to see one of your photos become the talk of town.
It’s important to remember that this is not essence photography.
Photography is not about that. It’s not, is it
Ask yourself why you started Photography. Why do you do it?
- You could answer “because, it’s my favorite thing or I love it.”
- Perhaps you are drawn to wildlife, people, places or other things that inspire you to take photos.
- Asking a beginner photographer why he is interested in essence photography will always yield candid answers like the ones above.
- It will always be because he/she is passionate about something.
- As the years pass…
- As time passes, the simple desire to capture something we love changes.
- It’ll not be about getting more likes, shares and awards. It’s not about enjoying the art itself.
Are you not in Agreement?
- I have been there. This is what I see every day from dozens of photographers.
- Photography is an inside-out art form
- Photography is an inside-out activity. This means that we need to be inspired first and then act.
- Essence photography is not if we act only without inspiration. It’s more like a job.
- It’s almost like saying, “since you have the camera, let’s photograph.” But, it’s more like, “since you’ve got a job,” let me do it.
- If your livelihood depends on it, it’s OK to do so. Your family must be fed.
- Photography doesn’t have be this way. Even if your goal is to become a professional photographer. You may be a professional already.
- We are now at the essence photography.